Preparing for your Gallery visit
We are delighted that you will be visiting the Kamloops Art Gallery. Please review the following guidelines before your visit.
- Please provide a minimum of one adult chaperone per eight students.
- Please notify all chaperones that we are unable to accommodate toddlers on the tours.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the tour is scheduled to begin. Check in with the Admissions desk when you arrive.
- The guided tours are 1 hour in length and the guided tours with workshops are 2 hours in length.
- Bagged lunches may be eaten in the Atrium; they are not permitted in the galleries.
- We ask that you provide us with two weeks' notice for cancellations, or the full amount will be charged.
Expected Behaviour for Students
- Please do not touch any of the artworks unless invited to do so. Please ensure that you stay at least an arm’s length away from the walls.
- Running, jumping, and horseplay are not permitted.
- Please use indoor voices when in the Atrium and the Gallery, as other people may also be visiting the Gallery.
Expected Behaviour for Chaperones and Teachers
- Please stay present with your group at all times.
- Cell phones are not permitted on the tours, unless the teacher wishes to use their cell phone to take pictures of the students on a tour or in the workshop.
- We ask that you consider yourselves to be a silent and present member of the group. As a good role model, show interest and enthusiasm but please refrain from talking amongst yourselves.
- Questions and discussions generated during the tour are intended for the students only. If you have questions about the art, please ask the tour leader at the end of the tour.
- Please keep in mind that the tour and workshop leaders are there to facilitate learning and share information, not to manage behaviour. As the class teacher and chaperones, please ensure that the students’ actions and behaviours are appropriate for a gallery setting.
Parking at the Gallery
- There is a loading zone directly in front of the Gallery located on 5th Avenue. Busses may park there for student drop-off and pickup.
- There is pay parking available along Victoria St. and up 5th Avenue. Please note, the TNRD underground parkade is no longer available for public parking.
Arrival at the Gallery
- Please arrive at least 5 to 10 minutes before your guided tour. Check in at the Admissions Desk located in the Atrium.
- If you have booked a self-guided tour, please arrive at your scheduled time.
Photography at the Gallery
- The Gallery Attendants will tell you whether or not photography is permitted in the exhibition you are viewing, but as a general rule we ask that chaperones and students do not use cell phones during a tour.
- Teachers are permitted to take photos of the students during their visit and are encouraged to tag the Gallery @KamloopsArtGallery.
Cancellations or No Shows
- We require two weeks' advance notice for cancellations, otherwise the full amount will be charged.
Become a member
Make a donation