Art Camps FAQ
What age must my child be to participate?We group our camps into age groups: ages 5 to 8 and 9 to 12.
AGES 5 to 8
Camps running January to June: Your child must be at least 5 years old by June 30.
Camps running June to December: Your child must be at least 5 years old by December 31.
AGES 9 to 12
Camps running January to June: Your child must be at least 9 years old by June 30.
Camps running June to December: Your child must be at least 9 years old by December 31.
Can I still register my child if they fall outside of the age range for the camp?Activities are designed for children within a specific age range. In order to ensure the best experience for everyone, participants must fall within the indicated age range for the camp.
What is the difference between the camps for children aged 5 to 8 and aged 9 to 12?Both camps offer the same activities but their complexity is adapted to the abilities and interests for each age group. Art-making projects are more complex for the 9 to 12 age group. The camp for children aged 5 to 8 incorporates more play time and games.
What is the Daily Schedule?8:30 am – 9:00 am Early care
9:00 am – 9:15 am Drop off
9:15 am – 10:00 am Gallery and Studio Activities
10:00 am – 10:30 am Snack* and Break
10:30 am – 12:00 pm Gallery and Studio Activities
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Lunch* and Recreation time
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm Gallery and Studio Activities
2:00 pm – 2:15 pm Snack* and Break
2:15 pm – 2:45 pm Clean up and Games
2:45 pm – 3:00 pm Pick up
3:00 pm – 3:30 pm Aftercare
What Should My Child Bring?
- Healthy lunch (*nut free, please)
- Snacks (*nut free, please). Please note there are two snack breaks. If your child is signed up for aftercare, please send an extra snack.
- Water bottle
- Clothes for art making. You will get messy and some materials will not wash out!
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Comfortable shoes — no flip flops please
- Change of clothes — just in case!
What Should My Child Leave at Home?
- Electronic devices — including cell phones, tablets and gaming devices
- Anything valuable
Lunches and Nut PolicyKAG Campers are asked to bring nut-free lunches and snacks. All campers, especially those with allergies, are strongly encouraged not to share or trade their packed lunch or snack items.
What are your Drop Off and Pick Up Times?
- Drop off is between 9:00 to 9:15 am.
Campers registered for early care may be dropped off as early as 8:30 am.
- Pick up is between 2:45 to 3:00 pm.
Campers registered for extended must be picked up by 3:30 pm.
- A parent/guardian or authorized individual is required to sign each camper in and out.
- For some children, arriving at a new camp can be distressing. Please drop your camper off as close to 9:00 am as possible, and “kiss ‘n’ go.” They’ll soon feel right at home!
- If your child will be leaving for lunch or leaving camp early, please notify the Instructor responsible for sign-in at the beginning of that day. Make sure to sign your child out and in.
- If your child will be late or absent from camp, please leave a message at 250-377-2400.
How many participants can be enrolled in a camp?The maximum number of participants for the younger camp (aged 5 to 8) is 10. The maximum number of participants for the older camp (aged 9 to 12) is 10.
What is the ratio of art instructors to children?There is one adult art instructor for every ten children.
Become a member
Make a donation